Live Events Venue Facilities
The John Smith’s Stadium, located in the prime central location of Huddersfield, has hosted a wide range of live music concerts, major sporting events and charity balls.
The superb architecture ensures that every event creates that special atmosphere which can only be generated in an open-air setting.
As 2019 marks Take That’s 30th Anniversary, The John Smith’s Stadium are proud to host a date for the upcoming Greatest Hits Live Tour! For more information and ticket options, click here!
Since opening in 1994 The John Smith’s Stadium has hosted some of the biggest names in live entertainment including; REM, The Eagles, Bryan Adams, Beautiful South, Bon Jovi, Elton John and Little Mix!!
Here are some of the benefits of our Venue:
- Perfect location in central England
- 11 million people live within 75 miles drive
- Major motorway links to all parts of Britain
- Up to 40,000 capacity with fantastic sight lines
- Superb corporate hospitality
- Dramatic setting for high impact performance
- Artist and promoter friendly
- Excellent backstage and production facilities
- Easy access for production crew
Little Mix ‘The Greatest Hits’ Tour in numbers:
- 28,160 – The top selling Stadium on tickets, over the course of the Tour with SJM Promotions
- 613 – The number of guests that opted for VIP Hospitality
- 2 – The number of Supporting Acts – Rak Su and The Germein Sisters
- 11 – The number of years since The John Smith’s Stadium hosted it’s last concert
Bon Jovi’s ‘One Wild Night’ Tour in numbers:
- 37,500 – The number of fans that packed into the Stadium for the sell-out event
- 40 ft – The height of the stage
- 2.5 hours – The length of the set
- 100+ – The number of fans that queued up from 9am for front row access
REM’s Monster Tour in numbers:
- 2 – The number of nights that REM performed at the Stadium
- 70,000+ – The number of people who saw REM perform
- 150,000 – Pints of beer sold
- £3,000,000+ – The predicted boost in income as a result of REM bringing the Monster Tour to Huddersfield